Thursday, July 29, 2010

24th in Escalante










  • Poor Kevin and Jeanne! They broke down on the way home. We all stopped to see if we could help, but they ended up towing it home.
  • Here is Mom and Joni outside the Escalante Church. I have really come to appreciate the sacrifices that those have made before us. I truly felt the spirit while attending church on the 25th. I really missed my grandpa too and when we sang the song Carry On - it touched a lot of hearts in our family. I love my family!
  • Maile and Joni making up after fighting for a second.
  • These guys are great jumpers! I cant believe how old they are getting. So independent. It's bitter sweet to watch them grow up and learn more about life.
  • Riley and the girls before church in front of the Escalante House that was build in the 1800's. Uncle Gary really put some work into the house and yard. It really looked great!
  • Maile, Emi and Maddi (the Great grand babies) - except for Em... on the tire swing. I think a few of the kids got sick from twirling so much!
  • Joni always has a cute cheese smile. Now when I say "say cheese!" she will say Cheese bug! I don't know where she got that. But this little girl just loves bugs. When the girls go outside Maile will go play on the neighbors toys and Joni will go look for bugs.
  • Maile wanted to draw even when I say NO
  • Joni did not get bucked off this bull, she was even riding with her hand in the air. I thought Maile was going to be the rider but Joni seems like she liked the thrill -
  • Maile was so nervous. She actually fell off onto the red cushion and looked at me like "MOM! I can't believe that you let me fall!?"
  • I probably should have caught her but for some dumb reason I thought she would have fun falling. (She didn't understand that it's ok to fall and that's what you are supposed to do)
  • OK so I can't even match these pictures up - so play the matching game.
  • All it all a good time was had by all!
  • Thanks to all of those that made it a fun year!
  • I'll post some more pics later of the girls at the parade. Holidays are way fun with kiddos!

1 comment:

Ty n Casey's Mom said...

How fun! What great pictures. The girls are so dang cute. I love that Joni likes bugs. She's braver than my boys -- they think they're scary!