Monday, April 5, 2010

Random Thoughts

I have been thinking a lot about the things I am doing, and I wonder to myself are these things making me happy? What is happy? I don't ever feel like I am doing anything "wrong" per say but I do think I could do a lot more to bring myself closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love listening to conference, I love to feel the spirit when great men and women of God speak to us. It's hard to slow down in this busy life and sometimes I wonder if these things that are not "wrong/evil" things are keeping me from being truly happy.
I know that when I truly search the Scriptures and give heartfelt prayers my life seems less stressful and I seem to have more patients with people. (mostly my own children) I am going to challenge myself to get back in shape with the spirit of God. That means I need to do more strength training and conditioning. Just like the 1/2 marathon Rochelle says I am running with her. ( I am scared out of my mind to do that BTW...) I have to be in shape to take on more of the scriptures.
I want to be the good mother and example that my girls look to for comfort and understanding. Actions speak louder than words so I have to start now by doing the things I know will bring me and my family closer to Heavenly Father. I hope to bring good reports of "spirit building" and getting back in shape. :)

No comments: